Equine Business 101 – Free on Demand!
Equine Business 101 offers a starting point as you begin delving into the possibilities of running your own facility and begins to take you through the process of developing a business plan. Throughout this course, we will provide you with some basic information to guide you in the creation of your plan to run a successful equine facility.
Equine industry pro’s are a passionate bunch, but a high number of businesses do not succeed beyond their first few years due to a lack of business acumen. Many come to the horse world, drawn by strong passions for all of the wonders that sharing our lives with horses brings, but in the end, running an Equine Facility is a business like many others. Its success relies on clear and realistic planning based on the resources – time and financial – that you are able to offer. Our goal is to put you on a path to defeat those odds.
This course may be of interest for:
- Those who are contemplating opening a horse business of lessons, boarding or training.
- Anyone currently operating a horse facility looking for marketing tips or ways to improve their future business planning
- Equine facility owners looking to re-brand or grow their business.
- Future stable workers aiming to stand out amongst other candidates applying for jobs in the equine industry
- Students interested in completing their Equine Facility Management Certificate
This on-demand educational offering arose out of an abundance of interest to better understand the business of starting and managing an Equine Facility, and to guide those that are interested in getting into this business.
In this course, our learning goals are to:
- Develop your business plan
- Quantify your business plan, factoring in risk assessment
- Craft your Value Proposition – what sets you apart!
- Create a marketing plan and organize a launch event
- Consider how to approach tough business decisions
- Build and grow your business for the future
- Approximately 20 hours total course time, with opportunities for additional learning activities
- Entirely on-demand – complete at your own pace!
- No set times to be online throughout the course
- Course is entirely online, so travel to the University of Guelph is NOT required
- All materials are provided online within course site
- 16 years of age or older
For more information, please contact us at [email protected]
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from Equine Guelph – the horse owner’s Centre at the University of Guelph.
Equine Facility Management Certificate
This course counts as 1 credit towards receiving your Equine Facility Management Certificate. Complete Horse Care and Welfare and Sickness Prevention in Horses to complete the Certificate requirements!
Course Registration – Free!
Free for a limited time – register today!