Lameness/Injury Prevention & Care – EXCLUSIVE TO RACING – Winter ’20
Learn how to prevent injury and manage lameness
In the 2017 Ontario Horse Racing Industry Survey conducted by Equine Guelph, ‘injuries/lameness’ was ranked the number two health issue of concern after respiratory issues.
Racehorses are elite athletes and best performance can only be achieved with optimal health. Given the demanding life of the equine athlete, racehorses are at risk of lameness and injury every day of their life. There are daily practices that can be done to reduce the risk.
This online short course can be of benefit for all racehorse trainers and grooms in order to help prevent injury and how to manage lameness – improving your horse’s performance on the track!
Never taken an online course before? No worries! This course takes a common sense, practical and flexible approach to training – no prior online learning experience required.
Equine Guelph thanks the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) for providing education, training and awareness project funding in support of AGCO licensees.
Assignment (not graded, but recommended for personal achievement and required for certificate of completion)
- Occurs over a 2-week period
- 5-10 hour time commitment is required during this period
- No set times to be online! Log in at your own convenience and learn at your own pace.
- Recommended you visit the course site at least 5 times a week, preferably once or more each day
- Course is entirely online, so travel to the University of Guelph is NOT required
- All materials are provided online within course site
- 16 years of age or older
- Valid AGCO licence holders only!
For more information, please email [email protected]
Phone: 519 824-4120, ext. 54205