Racehorse Respiratory Health – EXCLUSIVE TO RACING – Winter ’20
Are respiratory issues affecting your horse’s performance on the track?
In the 2017 Ontario Horse Racing Industry Survey conducted by Equine Guelph, ‘respiratory issues’ was ranked the number one health issue.
Racehorses are elite athletes and best performance can only be achieved with optimal health. Given the demanding life of the equine athlete, a high number of racehorses are at risk of several different respiratory concerns. There are ways to reduce the risk through many daily management routines.
This online short course can be of benefit for all racehorse trainers and grooms in order to reduce the risk of respiratory issues in your barn, and improve your horse’s performance on the track!
Never taken an online course before? No worries! This course takes a common sense, practical and flexible approach to training – no prior online learning experience required.
Equine Guelph thanks the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) for providing education, training and awareness project funding in support of AGCO licensees.
Assignment (not graded, but recommended for personal achievement and required for certificate of completion)
- Occurs over a 1-week period
- 5-10 hour time commitment is required during this period
- No set times to be online! Log in at your own convenience and learn at your own pace.
- Recommended you visit the course site at least 5 times a week, preferably once or more each day
- Course is entirely online, so travel to the University of Guelph is NOT required
- All materials are provided online within course site
- 16 years of age or older
For more information, please email [email protected]
Phone: 519 824-4120, ext. 54205