Welcome to Equine Business 101!
Welcome to Equine Business 101 – we’re delighted to have you join us!
What does an on-demand course mean for you? It means that completing this course can be done entirely on your schedule! Work through the lessons and resources at your own pace, come back to areas of interest at your leisure, and complete the course on your own schedule. A reminder that you have access to the course material and discussion areas for 1 year from the date of your registration, so take your time and explore!
In addition to the lesson material and resources, this course also features a community discussion forum. This is a wonderful opportunity for students to share their ideas, brainstorm, and work through challenges that new businesses could potentially face. The Equine Guelph team, as well as guest experts, will be on hand for the first few months of the course to share their expertise and respond to your questions in the forum. It is our sincere hope that this discussion forum will be of tremendous help as you create your business plan and start putting it in motion!
- We encourage students who are new to The Horse Portal to look through the “Welcome to the Horse Portal” tutorial guide, which includes tips for navigating the course.
- To complete this short course, you must “Mark as Complete” each lesson as you go along. Once you do so, your course completion will be 100% and you will receive your certificate, which you can print at any time by visiting My Account > My Certificates. This certificate counts as 1 credit towards the completion of your Equine Facility Management Certificate – the other two courses (Horse Care & Welfare, Sickness Prevention in Horses) are available for registration and will begin this fall!
- An important part of the Horse Portal learning experience are the course discussions forums, in which you can explore the course material, ask questions of your fellow students, and share your experiences. Please take a look at the attached “Discussions Guide” for more information about how the discussions work.
- Some lessons contain a section called “Resources”, with links to helpful websites, checklists, videos and other information. Although we encourage you to read and explore these useful resources during the course, they are considered as optional materials. Feel free to bookmark/download these resources to refer back to at your convenience.
- If you have any technical issues during the course, please get in touch with us by using the “Request Support” tool on the main page, located under “Help,” or by emailing [email protected].