Equine News on The Horse Portal
Keep up to date with the latest news, resources and more!
Tool of the Month
The Biosecurity Risk Calculator is Equine Guelph’s Tool of the Month for May!
Find out how your farm rates – plus learn ways to improve the areas that are at risk!
Join the Herd
Horse lovers from around the world are coming together to learn as a community.
Try out an online short course! Register today.
Flexible online health & welfare training programs for every single person who is responsible for a horse.Explore Available Courses
A common sense, community approach to lifelong training
- Practical training you will use on a daily basis
- Flexible, short training format for busy people
- Affordable way to stay on top of emerging issues
- Accessible from all web-based devices
- Learn from an award-winning pioneer in online training
- Featuring industry experts from around the world
- Earn continuing education credits
- Be a part of a like-minded learning horse-focused community
- For all racing, performance, recreation and leisure caregivers
- Engage in peer-to-peer discussions for broader and deeper thinking
What students are saying
“Whether you are new to horses or an experienced horse owner, this course will help you make sound decisions about recognizing when to call your veterinarian and what to do while you’re waiting for them to arrive. Knowing what to do in an emergency increases the likelihood of a good outcome for your horse. It’s worth your time! ”Jennifer Derksen, Rider / Biomechanics Coach – Student, Equine First Aid