Ontario Equine Education and Employment Program
Start a Career in the Horse Industry!
Special Partnership for Online Industry Training: Ontario Equine Education and Employment Program (OEEEP):
This FREE program offers you a chance to become a part of Ontario’s billion-dollar horse industry. Learn more about the care and welfare of horses and gain valuable industry experience in this interactive training course.
▪ Funded by the Ontario Government, Equine Guelph joined with the Ontario Harness Horse Association and VPI, Inc. to offer OEEEP. This program helps to answer the need for staff, a current issue in the Ontario industry.
▪ The first offering commenced in November, 2021. Students receive training in job preparedness and job interview skills from VPI for 2 weeks, followed by 6 weeks of online learning from Equine Guelph and finally a placement program, matching potential employers with new students.
- 6-week virtual training course.
- Learn from industry experts.
- Discover different career paths.
- Job placement at the end of your program.
This is a great opportunity for anyone with a passion for animals and hands-on learning. No previous experience with horse handling required.
More testimonial available on Equine Guelph’s YouTube channel.
New sessions begin year-round. Space is limited.
For more information about the OEEEP, including how to register for future sessions, please contact VPI Working Solutions!
Looking for help on the farm? When an OEEEP participant completes a placement, employers may be eligible to receive 50% of the wages covered through the #OEEEP program for 12 – 18 weeks.
EMPLOYER BENEFITS explained – Ontario Equine Education and Employment Program – Register your business to receive benefits!
Download this short Power Point Presentation
Employers, do you have a job opening? Jobseekers, are you looking for positions? Post your job on EquineJobTrack.com – your source for Horse Industry jobs in Canada!