About Equine Guelph
What is Equine Guelph?
Equine Guelph is the Centre at the University of Guelph (not-for-profit) serving the horse and its industry through education, research, healthcare promotion and industry development.
Founded in 2003, we are supported and overseen by equine industry groups and are dedicated to improving the health and well-being of horses.
With the most qualified instructors and expert guest speakers, Equine Guelph is the leader in Online Studies for equine pursuits; boasting 19 accredited courses to choose from.
The award-winning 12 week university level courses attract more students every year both locally and globally. The most recent programs launched in response to industry demands are:
- Advanced Nutrition
- Advanced Functional Anatomy
- Advanced Behaviour
- Equine Welfare
With flexible study – you can stay at home with your horses and balance your busy schedule.
- “Industry Builder” Award for the Hall of Fame Awards
– Gayle Ecker, Director of Equine Guelph
- Award of Excellence in partnership with the Minnesota State Fair
– “EquiMania!” equine education centre
- Award of Excellence for “Fair and Sponsor/Partner Joint Exhibit Program” – “EquiMania!” equine education centre
- Green Horse Award – Stewardship of the Equine Environment online course
- Reader’s Choice Award, Exceptional Equestrian
– 2-time winner, Gayle Ecker, Director of Equine Guelph
- Groom of the Year – graduate of Groom One Program wins
- OPAS Teaching with Technology Award, Workplace Learning category – awarded the to the Equine Science Certificate from the Council of Ontario Universities, Office for Partnership for Advanced Skills (OPAS).
- National Award for Excellence – won by Equine Guelph’s Science Certificate Program. Presented by Canadian Association of University Continuing Education (CAUCE)
Useful Services and Resources for Horse Owners
- Biosecurity Calculator Tool
- Horse Health Check Tool (wall chart)
- Journey through the Joints Tool
- Vaccination EquiPlanner Tool
- Newsletters & e-news – our news on recent breakthroughs in research and educational opportunities, reaches an audience of over 6 million through our own publishing and wide industry support on the web.
- On-line Learning Community is currently in development for 4-H.