Horse Racing Alberta
Horse Racing Alberta represents three breeds with one vision and works with representatives from Quarter Horses, Standardbreds and Thoroughbreds to create a united racing community.
- To govern, direct, control, regulate, manage, and promote horse racing in any or all of its forms.
- To protect the health, safety, and welfare of racehorses and, with respect to horse racing, the safety and welfare of racing participants and racing officials.
- To safeguard the interests of the general public in horse racing.
15% Discount for HRA license holders!
- Visit the course page for the online short course you are interested in
- Please register using the General Enrollment option at the bottom of the page
- On the registration page, under “Have a Coupon?”, enter HRA2023
- Click Apply Coupon to receive your 15% discount
What students are saying:
“Thank you for providing this course! My husband is a 3rd generation full-time Standardbred trainer and was pretty much born and raised at the race track. We thought he knew everything there was to know based on the generations of knowledge he had in his head. By the end of the first day of the course, we were already discussing possible new strategies and techniques. By the end of the 3rd week, we realized how little we actually knew and are now implementing many new methods to lessen the chances of colic happening at the track and at the farm. All trainers should be asked to take this course before they can be certified.”
Nancy Tamblyn and Kevin Sampson
Standardbred Owners, Breeders, and Grooms
Students – Gut Health & Colic Prevention Course